Bid Manager (Cleaning Industry)
6 days left
- Full Time
Bid Manager (Facility Services)
Working for a leading National provider of Facility Services, the Bid Manager is responsible for the preparation of all assigned proposals, from concept through presentation to the customer. The proposal shall meet the requirements of the customer and clearly define the scope of work and services to both the client and the internal execution group. The Proposal shall be prepared in a timely manner to comply with internal review requirements and customer requirements.
Circa £40K+ (depending on experience)
Reports to Cleaning Sales Manager
- Work with the Sales Managers and Operations Teams to prepare a proposal plan that meets the objectives of the proposal budget and timeline.
- Continually scan and review all appropriate industry tender announcements, presenting those that meet the strategy of the business for consideration as to whether to bid
- Co-ordinate and produce the proposal (RFI, ITT, RFP etc) response whilst assembling a proposal team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to win. Responsibilities include introduction and implementation of all necessary proposal procedures and processes.
- Review the inquiry documents for special requirements.
- Distribute inquiry documents to others involved in the proposal and estimate preparation as required.
- Obtain assistance from other departments (Operations, HR, Health & Safety, Contract Administration, IT, etc.) as required to prepare the proposal.
- Primary responsibility for preparation/review of the proposal write-ups.
- Prepare initial assessment of the technical, financial, schedule or any other unusual risks associated with a proposal.
- Clearly define the Scope of Work and Services offered to the Customer and identify any clarifications or exceptions to the Customer’s inquiry.
- Maintain knowledge of approved company suppliers, estimating methods as well as project execution procedures.
- Obtain feedback from projects for "lessons learned" to incorporate in future proposals.
- Prepare the business handover documents for all successful Proposals.
- Maintain the sales pipeline and sales reports for inclusion in the monthly Board pack
- Attendance at the monthly Board meeting as part of the Sales team to discuss wins and opportunities
- Able to provide a consistent and professional service with excellent communication skills at all times
- Have a degree or relevant training that is relevant for the role and be able to influence at a senior level
- Have experience as a Bid Manager or similar role ideally within the facility services industry
- Have knowledge and experience of preparing budgets, schedules and cost estimates
- Have the ability to plan, produce and deliver compliant proposals within a complex business environment
- Have excellent organisation skills and good time management, able to meet deadlines set
- Have advanced IT skills for various products including Power Point, Word, Excel and publishing systems
- Have some experience of coordinating and updating a Content Management System