Ensuring the smooth running of the Takings Team. Working on process improvement within the team, monitoring and instilling cash compliance and good process adherence across all sites.
my client is a major employer with over 400 sites across The UK.
- Line management of the Takings Supervisor and team to enable delivery of tasks to the correct standard.
- Overall responsibility for the accurate reconciling and posting of all the daily takings information onto the system for all sites
- Ensuring the team are delivering to their SLA and during times of growth, ensuring that standards do not drop. Including but not limited to:
Takings are processed daily
Ensuring all queries are followed up daily to resolve as necessary
No outstanding bank queries >7 days old and no unresolved queries un-escalated >4 days old
Ensuring the daily posting of all identified BACS payments received, and the accurate reconciliation of BACs Control on a monthly basis with no unresolved items >15 days left on BACs control
Ensuring on an ongoing basis that no items >60 days are left on Takings Differences Control
Ensuring the reconciliation of the month-end Takings position for by WD2 with no differences left unresolved at month end over 3 days old
Ensuring the accurate reconciliation of the Non-PMS Sales Ledger, BACs Control, Takings Differences Control, Petty Cash and Till Float Balance Sheet accounts by WD7 and sign off by the FC by WD8 on a monthly basis
The HSBC supplier account is reconciled and tidy by WD7 every month. Ensuring all no credit card receipts received incidences are tracked and are escalated to BSM in line with company policy
Ensuring no unauthorised unbanked cash over 3 days old
Ensuring unmatched items in the bank are held in the Bank or BACs Control and queried daily. There are no unmatched items over 4 days old that have not been escalated
Ensuring unreconciled cashbook items not in the bank are held in Takings Control and are unreconciled items on the Bank.
Alongside the FC, resource planning for the team, and ensuring we are on the front foot for the natural churn within the team as a result of career advancement.
- Strong academically - educated to degree (equivalent) level or having sufficient experience in a similar level role
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment - flexibility is key
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel, and confident on various management reporting systems
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly without getting lost in the detail.
- Continuous improvement and questioning
- Ability to successfully influence the colleagues in a compassionate manner but that still delivers key messages and results
- Line Management skills, with proven ability to get the best out of the team, ensuring they are highly motivated and delivering to a high standard at all times
Basic salary between £32,000 and £37,000
Excellent benefits package