Our specialist client located in Central London is recruiting for an experienced Royalties Accountant.
Our client has established relationships with some of the most renowned broadcasters and independent producers around the globe, ensuring that it continues to be at the forefront of the international media distribution industry.
The role offers an excellent starting salary of £30,000. (Rising to 32k once fully trained)
Working hours: 9.30 am - 6.00 pm (Mon - Fri), with 1 hour for lunch break
Holidays: 25 days + Bank Holidays
Statutory pension and company bonus scheme
You will need to be self-motivated and be willing to learn. A good communicator, both in written and oral communication.
- Prepare various recharges schedules and ensure they are posted into Filmtrack accurately prior to running royalty statements
- Prepare quarterly Distribution Statements (currently 300+) using bespoke in-house software meeting reporting deadlines
- Issue royalty payments by BACS, cheques and international transfer, obtaining the relevant authorisation for payment, reconciling the payments accordingly and keeping payment register up to date
- Post payments made via Nominal Ledger and update Producer Ledger
- Resolve queries raised by producers in timely manner
- Arrange travel advances
- Post Staff expenses and issue any payments due
- Submit EC Sales List to HMRC - monthly
- Intercompany journals posting
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist with audit queries
- Holiday cover for Account Assistant (sales and purchase ledger)
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Previously working in an Accounts Department (knowledge of outbound royalties process advantage, but not essential)
- Previous financial processing - i.e. BACS, invoicing, bank reconciliation desirable
- Great attention to detail with commitment and ability to achieve high standards of accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and work well under pressure with changing priorities
- Ability to learn quickly, work proactively and work well in a team environment
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Due to the high number of applications, we sometimes find it difficult to respond to all candidates. To ensure your application is not overlooked, it is important that you highlight any skills or work experience relevant to this positon. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.