Service Engineer - Glasgow
Service Engineer Glasgow
NEW VACANCY – IMMEDIATE INTERVIEWS
£22,000 – great working hours, training, holidays and on-site parking.
My client is one of the UK's leading companies in construction services.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Service Engineer to join their on site team at their site based in Glasgow and will consider a trainee service engineer that is working in a similar role at the moment with supervision.
- To work on improving the performance of the machines on site
- To conduct safety checks on all the machines or it could prove to be dangerous for the workers working on them
- To inspect all the machines and make reports for the management that whether or not new machines are required
- To ensure that their own issued RPE/PPE is fully functioning, clean in good order and without defect.
- With supervision, will be able to make full use of all asbestos safe removal techniques, fibre suppression techniques/shadow vacuuming techniques and will be able to assist in bag runs & bagging of material with the stages of the bag lock.
- Is responsible for the wrapping or bagging of any plant and equipment as required.
- Will be able without supervision to ensure that they personally and that of their RPE, decontaminate properly according to the company Standard Procedures.
- To develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with the necessary regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- To repair and service all the machinery and equipment present in a company's manufacturing unit
- They have to plan the servicing work in advance so the output of the factory is not affected by the service work
Responsible for preventative and predictive maintenance on machines and equipment, as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout this site.
You will have involvement and influence with new design, installation and movements of existing machines.
Managing the overhaul and repair of all site machinery and equipment, ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
I have immediate interviews available and look forward to receiving your application, thank you for applying.
Regional Permanents Consultant - Leeds
Interaction Recruitment plc
T: | M: Hot 100 Winner - Uk's Number 1 General Recruiter