A renowned automotive manufacturing company require an experienced maintenance/process engineer for this staff position in Birmingham.
Initially you will be seconded to work for the engineering department for approximately 18 months where you will support the pre-production builds for the program and gain an in-depth knowledge of the product. Following this significant time will be spent at other company facilities across Europe, learning the processes and how to manage and maintain them.
As the Elmdon equipment is completed you will support the manufacturing engineers in signing off the equipment and installing it onto site, working very closely with the installation engineers from our chosen suppliers.
Having completed the installation and the 18 month secondment you will then move to a three shift pattern and transfer into the maintenance department where you will be dedicated to the maintenance and repair of the line.
The role would suit those who have experience in the following fields
- Isocyanate foaming
- Post processing of polymers through surface treatment and laser operations
- Punching of polymers
- Working with PVC powders in IR or hot air slush processes
General experience required
The role would suit someone from a maintenance background with the drive to learn new skills and a "whatever it takes" attitude. Key skills required for this role are
- Knowledge of PLC systems (further training will be given)
- ABB robot programming (further training will be given)
- Good working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Excellent diagnostics and problem solving skills
- Confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Full clean driving license
- Ability to support unsociable hours including weekends when required
- Ability to travel extensively and be away from home for periods of 5 days at a time
- BTEC certificate in operations and maintenance engineering;
- City & Guilds certificate in engineering.
- 17th Edition wiring regulations (desirable)
- Computer literate with experience of using Microsoft tools
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com