Peto Ltd has developed a serviced-software application to help NHS Trusts save money in purchasing medical supplies and commodity items. We have developed the Peto Process, supported by our own web-based Procurement Administration Database (PAnDa) which, in real time, delivers cost saving opportunities on multiple purchases. By applying our approach to many such items, which aggregate to millions of pounds in value, we can deliver hundreds of thousands of pounds of savings to the NHS Trust every year.
Peto is developing and delivering the Peto Process in partnership with Barts Health NHS Trust (Barts), the country’s largest acute NHS Trust. Peto expects to roll out our service to several other NHS Trusts in the next 6 months.
Peto has established two teams:
- the Procurement Team delivering our services from (i) our NHS site(s) and (ii) Peto’s Shrewsbury office; and
- the Back of House Team, based in the Shrewsbury office, which is running systems and company administration.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Buyer, based in Shrewsbury with experience of the NHS:
- to manage the buying team based in Shrewsbury and at Trust sites
- to perform hands-on buying
- to lead a Price Variance Project. (The objective of this project is to assist NHS Trusts to identify and recover overpayments on their historic procurement activity).
Buying Team’s responsibilities include
- Using the Peto PANDA and NHS Trust Oracle systems to select requisitions and process Requests for Quotations (RFQs)
- Liaising with suppliers over the telephone and via email to collect quotations
- Negotiating prices with suppliers
- Managing contact between suppliers and users to answer product-specific questions
- Researching alternative products and suppliers
- Conciliating and validating records, log savings and chasing credit notes
- Archiving correspondence in a structured, auditable manner
- Other buying and administrative support as may be necessary
- Interacting with other offices to share and collect information
- Supporting the Price Variance Project to identify and recover price discrepancies between purchase orders, payments, catalogue and other pricing.
- Reporting to the Procurement Manager
- Close liaison with: Office, Sales, Systems and Finance Managers
Qualifications and experience required
- Educated to degree level (open to graduates from all degree disciplines)
- Procurement, Sales, Marketing, IT and Customer Services experience
Desirable skills, competencies and personal attributes
- Strong background and skills in procurement
- Excellent computer and systems skills
- Knowledge of the NHS
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff and major projects
- Profit and loss responsibility
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Reliability and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Negotiation and conflict management.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of procurement experience, with good knowledge of systems and procurement software.
Location: Based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire with periodic travel to NHS England Trust sites
Start date: ASAP
Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are our perfect candidate. (If you do not include a tailored covering letter, your application will not be viewed).
Selected applicants will be invited to an interview in Shrewsbury.
- Normal working hours: Thirty-seven and a half (37.5) hours per week, excluding breaks
- Overtime: is not paid, you will be expected to manage work assignments in order to complete your work within normal working hours
- Holiday entitlement: Twenty-eight (28) days per annum, including the statutory UK public holidays. The holiday year runs from 1 January to 31 December
- There is an opportunity for a performance bonus