Our client is a commercial soft landscaping company who has over 20 years within the industry. A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Financial Controller to join their fast growing, £6million turnover, contracting company based in Hastings, East Sussex.
The ideal Financial Controller will be a flexible and ambitious individual who will help build systems and be part of a tier of management that can run the company independently from the owners.
As a Financial Controller you should be a pro-active individual who can provide financial insights into the business, as well as providing accurate and timely reporting.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with a minimum 3 years PQE
The ideal Financial Controller will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Previous experience within a Financial Sector is essential
- Strong technical and accounting knowledge and demonstrable experience of financial control through balance sheet reconciliations, P&L review and maintenance of financial processes
- Previous experience within a similar industry is welcomed
- Be confident on the phone while dealing with financial queries
- Strong communication skills
- Have an excellent eye for detail
- Minimum of 3 years Post-Qualified experience
- Able to manage workload and priorities
- Working to targets and deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft package knowledge
Your duties as a Financial Controller will include:
- Maintaining accurate financial records using cloud based software
- Assisting with the design and selection of management information system
- Preparing monthly management accounts and board reports
- Ensuring monthly SIC returns, quarterly VAT returns and annual Corporation Tax returns are submitted to HMRC and payments are made on time.
- Preparing annual budgets and cashflow forecasts
- Continued monitoring of performance against budgets
- Managing relationships with the company's bank, payroll provider and HMRC
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm (Full Time, Temp to go Perm)
Hastings, East Sussex
Finance, Accounts, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, HMRC, VAT, SIC, IT Literate, software