Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for a Works Planner to join our Metworks team, to be based in Derby on a 3 - 6 month fixed-term contract.
You will be responsible for effectively deploying Metworks employees to make repairs to properties. While also, operating Metworks systems to ensure that planning, finance and administration tasks are maintained and enable the company to meet all of its contractual and performance targets.
About the job:
- Liaise with customers, arrange appointments, maintain relevant up to date progress on work being undertaken and dispatch information on completion of work.
- Liaise with the client to ensure that data is maintained, and to assist with queries.
- Schedule and allocate work to operational staff to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain all records in accordance with business requirements and management instructions for the purpose of invoicing and KPI reporting.
- Procurement of materials and services to maintain operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide up to date and accurate information on all work completed for the purpose of invoicing including clear reasons for all charges, charging rates and quantities of work completed by which operatives.
- Maintain all necessary information and records specified within company policies and procedures and submit all reports on time with sufficient clarity, accuracy and completeness.
What we`re looking for from you:
- Previous experience of working as a Works Planner
- An understanding of London geography
- Three GCSEs at Grade C or above and including Mathematics and English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency in using desktop PC software tools
- Proven background in a customer service focused environment
- Experience of using database systems (Northgate Housing Management System / DRS)
- Construction related knowledge
Please note the salary is £23,000 pro-rata.
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!