Staff Nurse Acute Paediatric
The Harley Street Clinic Children's Hospital is one of the largest, most vibrant and innovative specialist centres for paediatric medicine in Europe.
We attract some of the world's most highly-respected Paediatric Consultants and help children of all ages with complex medical problems, with particular expertise in oncology, neurosciences and cardiology. In fact, we're the only independent hospital in the UK specialising in cardiac treatments for conditions present from birth.
We have the largest private PICU in the country, an Acute General Paediatric ward, a bespoke Paediatric Oncology Day Care Unit, a Haemato-oncology Unit and service for paediatric patients including bone marrow transplant and we're continually investing in the latest technology and equipment.
For a comprehensive job description please contact
Salary £31,630 - £35,822 per annum plus 9% shift enhancement
Rotational shifts 37.5 hours per week.
To work as a skilled member of the nursing team, to provide a high standard of holistic family centred care to children, young adults and families. Ability to promote family centred care and establish good relationships with children and their families. To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide the highest standard of nursing care for the children and their families.
- To plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise junior staff in this activity.
- To ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families.
- To act as an advocate for the child and family, providing them with information and support and directing them to the relevant support services where appropriate.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care.
- To be competent in the administration of medication.
- To ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed "best practice".
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families
Skills & Experience
- Ability to plan and prioritise care for patients
- Committed to family centred care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management and teaching skills
- Ability to work well both in a team and on own initiative
- Administration of IV drugs
- Central venous access management
About The Individual
- Good interpersonal skills
- A professional approach to work
- Willing to support others
- Demonstrates ability to use initiative
- Ability to work internal rotation to night duty