Diagnostic Sales Technician - Automotive
5 days left
- Full Time
Diagnostic Sales Technician
Reports to: UK Sales Manager
Salary: Attractive basic + Commission
Additional Benefits: Company Car, Mobile Phone, Laptop, Life Insurance, Pension
Contribution (up to 5%), Private Healthcare (optional after successful completion of
Normal working hours: Monday - Friday 09:00-17:30
There will be a requirement at times to work outside of normal working hours in order to
meet the demands of the customer and also the needs of the business.
The individual will be required to travel throughout the South West of the UK to meet
clients, prospects and partners. Occasionally you may be asked to fulfil some overseas
travel. Overnight stays may also be required.
On occasion, when pitching for example, the individual may be required to work late nights
or, in extreme circumstances, weekends, to meet the needs of the customer and support
the requirements of the business.
The main purpose of this role is to generate and respond to sales leads, sell, deliver and
install equipment where necessary and produce regular sales status reports. The
individual will also be expected to maintain a high level of communication and standards
with new and existing customers.
The Sales Technician also takes responsibility for the achievement of an annual revenue
target allocated by geographical territory. The successful candidate will, through focused,
targeted activity, provide the highest levels of customer service for existing customers so that we fully understand their requirements and intent.
Working closely with colleagues in Sales and Marketing, the candidate will also identify
and engage potential new customers in their territory. They will then present our
solution, qualify the opportunity and wherever possible, close a deal.
The Sales Technician is also obliged to provide timely, accurate management information
back into the business in a prescribed format and at a set frequency.
The role requires extensive travelling across a wide geographical area. You will be
provided with all the necessary tools to manage the day-to-day requirements of the role
such as a company car, smartphone, laptop, branded clothing etc.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Achieve and exceed all targets based on annual budgets set by the business.
* Undertake lead generation and follow up research through cold calling methods,
sector mining and relationship management.
* Keep in contact with existing customers to generate further sales.
* Visit prospects and customers to identify requirements, introduce the Assist
product proposition and close new business.
* Provide regular reporting to UK Sales Manager.
* Assist with administration of customer sales.
* Execute on-site demonstrations and installations to existing and prospective
* Provide excellent customer service and after-sales support.
* To adhere to company policies and procedures, quality standards and Health and
* Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
* Adopt a professional manner at all times with colleagues and customers.
* Any other duties required in order to support the needs of the business.
Specific job skills:
* Ambitious, driven and hard working.
* Honest and direct, yet respectful at all times.
* Curious, challenging and able to work on own initiative.
* Motivated to hit targets and continuously improve
* Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
* Previous automotive experience is beneficial but not essential
* Experience in a commercial, customer facing role. Sales experience preferred.
* First class planning and organisational skills. An understanding of sales process is
also desirable, including: territory planning, account management, qualification,
forecasting and reporting.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including areas such as listening,
questioning, negotiation and problem resolution.
* Knowledge and experience with CRM Systems
* Intermediate knowledge of all MS Windows operating systems.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com