Financial Reporting & Compliance Accountant
Financial & Compliance Accountant Job based in Sheffield paying £45k - £55k in a large manufacturing company.
Your new company
This large manufacturing organisation based in Sheffield are looking for an experienced Financial Reporting & Compliance Accountant to join their expanding team due to natural growth. After a recent restructure the finance team is going from strength to strength and are looking for a technically minded accountant to support the business moving forward. The business is professional and approachable in all areas from operations to office support, and therefore are looking for a similarly minded financial reporting accountant.
Your new role
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller you will be responsible for driving the external audit and statutory reporting process. Within this role, you will be responsible for managing the accounting, reporting and planning activities for the whole UK business. Typical responsibilities include:
- Consolidating, understanding and explaining the business result,
- Taking a lead role in working with senior Business Partners on judgemental provisions & subjective areas,
Managing the business' balance sheet reconciliation process and external audits
- Co-ordinating the completion of the business' Annual Plan,
- Managing key elements of stock provisioning,
- Key performance indicator and ad hoc reporting plus explanation of business performance.
- Take a lead role in identifying and implementing opportunities for standardisation through comparing current practices across the businesses
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with nominated internal and external customers to facilitate achievement of service levels and KPIs
- Liaise with external auditors and create an audit plan, timetables and key deliverables.
The position will allow you to build relationships with Senior Stakeholders within the business and it is this network that will allow you to progress and develop further within the organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
This is an ideal role for an ACA or ACCA Newly Qualified Accountant who is looking to fast track their career within a large forward thinking business. Qualified by Experience candidates may also be considered dependent on individual circumstances. You should be capable of demonstrating business acumen with the ability to translate key physical factors into financial outcomes using a broad financial understanding. For this reason, experience of variance reporting and manufacturing experience are very beneficial.
What you'll get in return
This opportunity offers a salary around £45,000 but will stretch for the right candidate. There is free onsite parking and substantial benefits on offer. These are to be discussed upon application.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.