ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT - £25K
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR A FRIENDLY, PROFESSIONAL AND SUPPORTIVE LOCAL HARROGATE PRACTICE.
£20K - £25K - Harrogate - Full Time - Permanent - Monday to Friday 09.00am - 5.00pm with 30 mins lunch - Auto Enrolment Pension - Onsite Parking - 20 days holiday plus the bank holidays - Onsite café facilities - Company mobile.
Our client is a local and well established Harrogate based practice. They provide a full range of Accountancy services to the self - employed, partnerships and private companies.
The practice offers a friendly, supportive and relaxed office environment.
Reporting into a Senior Accountant, the main purpose of the Assistant Accountant is to provide accurate and efficient accounting services to clients.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Sales ledger
- Purchase ledger
- VAT returns for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Journals, accruals and prepayments
- Liaising with client regarding queries
- Liaising with HMRC and other employees
- Ad hoc reporting
The successful Assistant Accountant MUST:
- Have experience in a similar role, i.e. Assistant Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Bookkeeper; AND
- Come from Practice - ideally two years minimum experience; AND
- Have completed/studying towards a formal Accounting qualification - AAT, ACA, ACCA;
- Knowledge of SAGE and/or other online accountancy packages, i.e. Xero and QuickBooks would be beneficial but not essential.
You must have strong accuracy and attention to detail. You will be able to use your own initiative to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines.
Excellent communication and IT skills are essential - including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
The client will support candidates wanting to obtain further Accountancy qualifications.
APPLY NOW; this opportunity will not be around for long!
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals. All applications will be considered by the client who will contact to arrange interviews.