Junior Investment Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Investment Manager to join an established Investment Management firm who manage bespoke portfolios, tailored to their clients individual preferences. The role will be based in the Cathedral City of Salisbury, Wilts.
Our client work with a number of customers and professional advisers. They provide personalised and professional investment management services for investors who wish to have their portfolios managed on a bespoke basis, with the investment manager taking responsibility for investment decisions within the portfolio.
Main purpose of the role: Is for a qualified Investment Manager to assist a Senior Investment Manager in providing investment advice and/or investment management services to clients in accordance with their individual circumstances and investment objectives.
- Attract, develop and retain a portfolio of private client and corporate relationships to maximise asset and revenue growth by meeting clients’ needs, including managing client assets on a discretionary or advisory basis as well as introducing other products and services according to the overall strategy of the firm.
- To ensure that all client relationships are properly documented and all required information is obtained from the client on a timely basis, ensuring where relevant that "know your client" information is maintained up-to-date and properly documented.
- To have a clear understanding of the clients’ investment objectives, risk profile, investment experience and financial resource and be clear about the suitability of the recommendations to advisory clients and of the transactions effected for clients under a discretionary mandate.
- Active participation in internal investment meetings and demonstrating in-depth knowledge of financial markets, and ideally flair in forward thinking.
- To assist in the training and development of trainee investment managers, providing support and guidance where relevant. Maximise their potential, working with management and other Investment team staff to strengthen the work of the department, in particular, promoting the firm’s 'Treating Customers Fairly' culture.
Qualifications and relevant experience required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (unless suitably experienced).
- Holder of the CISI Chartered Wealth Manager Qualification or CFA Institute Charterholder.
- Professional qualifications as specified by the relevant regulatory authority and the Company’s T&C Scheme.
- 3+ years of working in Financial markets.
- Confidence in communicating required during meetings.
- Flexibility to work unusual hours on occasions when required.
- Willingness to travel when required.
This is a full time position, offering multiple benefits and further career development.
For a full job spec, please contact Stevie-Louise Boxall at ReQuire Consultancy.