This is an Underwriting Manager vacancy based in Central London, please apply if you would consider re-locating. We are recruiting an experienced Underwriting Manager to lead an expanding team of Underwriters, processing short-term lending products. This will include allocation of work, completion of quality assurance activity and motivation and monitoring of a team of Loan Underwriters.
Your duties as an Underwriting Manager will include the following:
- Make lending decisions in line with credit risk policy and individual mandate level
- Work alongside the departmental Manager to provide internal training, coaching and monitoring of team members
- To provide external support to third parties
- Ensure that applications are processed within set service standards and in line with key performance indicators
- Completing staff performance monitoring and objective reviews
- Conduct regular first line quality checks and feedback results
- Adhere to internal underwriting policy and regulatory requirements FCA, PRA, Money Laundering, prevention of Financial Crime, data protection etc.
- Identify opportunities and proactively make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Undertake project and ad-hoc pieces of work at management requests
Working as an Underwriting Manager, you will have previous underwriting, credit or lending exposure within a bridging or development finance department, with a strong understanding of a regulatory environment. You will also have experience in managing and prioritising work for a team of people, along with an eye for detail in order to complete tasks to a high standard.
Benefits include excellent career progression, 20% annual bonus, share options, pension and healthcare.