My client is a £40m t/o business occupying a profitable niche position within a fast moving service sector. They have a number of companies within the group and process a high volume of transactions on a monthly basis which presents a lot of opportunity for streamlining and efficiency improvement. They are seeking to appoint a dynamic Management Accountant with strong IT skills who understands the interactions between different IT systems and has a commercial interest in interpreting the numbers and helping the business move forward. Your duties will include:
- Managing the month end process, producing monthly management accounts, KPI’s etc.
- Delivering commercial reports to an agreed timetable, these will include sales & margin analysis, WIP calculations and job costings.
- Preparing commentary, analysing and challenging variances
- Maintaining accuracy of the balance sheet through monthly reconciliations
- Managing intercompany transactions and journal preparations
- Investigating and resolving issues around revenue billing and debt collection
Excellent verbal and written skills will be important as you will be liaising at a senior level, attending meetings to review contracts / terms etc. and reporting to an impressive CFO. The right candidate can expect a stimulating role working with a strong team in a change orientated environment where you will be given the opportunity to shine. The ideal candidate would have experience of MS Dynamics Navision or similar and some form of case management software, and be an effective team player able to work successfully with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external. Suitable applicants must either be finalist or fully CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified accountants. Please apply now to be considered for this Management Accountant job in Preston. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!