Finance and Operations Administrator
New opportunity not to be missed! Gingerbread has an exciting opportunity for a Finance and Operations Administrator to join our team based in London, with occasional travel to other Gingerbread offices/locations. You will join our team on a full time, fixed term contractfor 3 years and will receive a competitive salary of £24,316 per annum.
Gingerbread is the national charity working with single parent families. We provide expert advice, practical support, and campaign to improve the lives of single parent families across the UK. Our team works with single parents to help them gain the confidence and skills to progress into work, volunteering or further learning.
Working Forward is a comprehensive and holistic programme of activity for disadvantaged lone parents living in Essex, Kent, Medway and East Sussex. It utilises Gingerbread’s 99 years of experience at delivering support which helps lone parents progress closer to the labour market and into employment in combination with specifically selected specialist interventions which will be provided by local partners.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled administrator to join our growing team as a Finance and Operations Administrator in London and support the work we do in the South East.
Key responsibilities as our Finance and Operations Administrator will include:
- Manage team communications both from and to stakeholders and single parents
- Perform all bank and petty cash postings and assisting with monthly reconciliations and funder reporting
- Maintain contract accounting records, filing systems, and computer files
- Undertake financial administration of projects, including processing invoices, expenses and timesheets
- Manage team equipment, supplies, incoming and outgoing post, and printing - in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Respond to internal and external financial queries on contracts
Our ideal Finance and Operations Administrator will:
- Have extensive experience of administration work, within project environments, including the production of large documents, and front of house activities.
- Have experience working with vulnerable individuals, preferably in a community organisation.
- Have experience of organising training and events.
- Have highly competent ICT skills including all MS applications including Excel and databases.
- Be highly numerate, with the ability to read financial documents and manage budgets and undertake reconciliations
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to become our Finance and Operations Administrator, click ‘Apply’ now!
Closing date for applications: Monday 15 May 2017 at 9.00am
Interview: Tuesday 24 May 2017
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, including single parents and those with caring responsibilities. We offer excellent work-life balance policies for all staff.
Gingerbread, the charity for single parent families is registered in England and Wales as a company limited by guarantee, no. 402748, and a charity, no. 230750.
This is funded by the Big Lottery and ESF.