Business Development Manager
A fast growing, innovative, energy efficiency specialist. Established in 2012, they already operate in the UK, Spain, Germany and France and are pushing to unlock new markets in more than 10 new countries over the next 12-18 months.
They add value to clients in a number of ways including, energy efficiency investment projects, project delivery, provision of funding solutions and consultancy services. They are a market leader in the UK housing market for Communal and District Heating, and have an extensive portfoilio of clients, mainly in the public sector, such as councils, housing associations and within the NHS.
- Basic £28,000
- Bonus on secured projects OTE
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- Car allowance of up to £250 per month OR company car
- Travel is expensed in full
The Business Development Manager will extensively network across the UK to find new customers and leverage existing client base to create solutions for energy efficiency investments. You will mainly assist in the conversion of opportunities into contract. You will also hold the client relationship throughout delivery ensuring high levels of quality are met.
They Washington based, with a lot of flexibility in terms of being office, field or home based. This role will require you to travel.
- Educated to degree level of equivalent
- Business Development experience
- Experience of working within an Energy Efficiency environment (desired)
- Knowledge of the LED sector (preferred)
- Sales and customer growth experience essential
- The ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong business sense
- Good budgeting skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
What you'll do
- Creating new business opportunities and setting up meetings/surveys
- Visiting clients (both self-generated and current)
- Getting contracts over the line- BDM to completion of sale.
- Planning and preparing presentations (say hello to Powerpoint)
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Writing reports
- Providing management with feedback
- Full UK driving license
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Word Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Work management and prioritising skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving ability
If you want to be part of a professional, yet very friendly, fast growing business within an interesting sector, please apply today.