Assistant Management Accountant
Key responsibility of this Assistant Management Accountant position is to maintain accurate GL accounts and manage inter-company financials between the companies finance functions. You will be the key contact for VAT and intrastat with relevant country authorities. Production of daily sales and bi weekly debt mix report to give regular updates to the business on performance. Assisting the FD with month end accounts production
My client is one of the top market leaders in the Retail industry and has been for a number of years now. With their turnover in the hundred millions, joining a business like this is an opportunity not to be missed. Part of a larger global group they are looking for commercially minded individuals with the required experience to develop further within the company
The role of a Assistant Management Accountant within this company is crucial as they will be liaising with various internal and external stakeholders and get exposure to senior finance management, opening future doors and fast tracking your personal and professional development. Great offices in South Bedford
Maintain and reconcile fixed assets register for the company with regard to all capital expenditure main driver being IT equipment and DC costs.
- Main intercompany contact, resolving issues with regarding to invoices or payments.
- Raise intercompany invoices and manage debt if payment not received.
- Produce and reconcile debtor report for trade debtors. Produces bi weekly report for debt mix which is sent to UK, FR, BE AM's.
- Calculate and reconcile and bad deb provision as part of the month end process.
- Monthly revaluations of foreign currency debtors and creditors and prepare journal for month end..
- Monthly accruals and journals as part of the month end process.
- Production of the daily sales report. This involves reconciling sales daily against the GL and business objects. Any issues will need to be resolved with US.
- Sales enquiries from account managers with regard to invoices or account sales.
- Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis including general accrual and suspense.
- Prepares UK, DE, IE VAT/Intrastat providing information to the individual countries authorities and auditors. Provide on a monthly basis the DE intrastat report with regard to German stock shipments and submits to the German BDO team.
- Prepares and submits GB VAT return for HMRC. Also submits the internal UL VAT reporting and works closely with the UL tax team.
- Completes month end process by preparing journals and correct posting for the month.
- Aid in the annual external audit and internal audit.
Assistant Management Accountant Key requirements;
Previous experience within an Accounting position
- Experience using Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous exposure to month end cycle including balance sheet and income statement transactions
- Individuals studying AAT, ACCA or CIMA or qualified by experience will all be considered as personality and experience are held in the top regard
Sage Line 50 systems experience would be a bonus however not essential
A Market leading package is on offer with great development and progression achievable in a short timescale