Costings/Finance Manager - Media
6 days left
- Full Time
This is a unique opportunity to work for a prestigious company who design and hire costumes for the film, television and theatre industries. Highly established in their field the company has worked on an enviable list of productions and continues to go from strength to strength.
This position will play a key part in leading and managing the finances of this highly successful company and will help initiate and drive change whilst maintaining excellent relationships both internally and externally.
This role requires a highly commercially and customer focused individual who will work with customers to cost, bill and manage their accounts efficiently and effectively. You will be involved in negotiating contracts, looking at pricing and ensuring continued and repeat business.
You will manage the workload of an assistant and work with the company accountant to ensure all finances are appropriately recorded.
This is a highly visible role and will lead and manage client relations, alongside coordinating internal resource to ensure correct figures are invoiced. This position will also be a key driver in the upgrading of the costing process.
This is a really exciting time to join the business and help execute change and delivery continued and sustainable growth.
The role requires a financial astute individual who has ideally worked within Film, TV or Theatre within a costings/finance position.
- Manage the finance team and help ensure delivery of accounts;
- Review monthly management accounts and approve submission to stakeholders;
- Manage the pricing structure and fee negotiations for all production projects to include both hire and designed costumes;
- Work with the designers to manage forecasted costings for projects from initiation through to completion;
- Negotiate initial agreements for productions regarding costs and balance for hiring and design/making;
- Assist the Senior Management is setting pricing and discounts, educating the necessary teams, both in-house and any outsourced work to ensure adherence;
- Manage the booking system, monitor cost changes throughout the project cycle and ensure correct final invoicing;
- Manage stock control, keeping a full record and analysing any trends and anomalies;
- Assist the Company Accountant with the year audit;
- Liaise with the bank regarding financial facilities and deal with any information required.
- Educated to a minimum of degree level or equivalent;
- Financial experience gained within a Media, Film, TV, Theatre (or related company);
- Commercially focused with proven experience of working with commercial/sales team and working with complex sales systems;
- Previous team management experience is essential;
- Excellent exposure to business/financial processes;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Tactful and diplomatic with the ability to positively influence and motivate others;
- Strong team player with good leadership skills;
- Deadline orientated with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects effectively and efficiently;
Proven problem solving skills and ability to use own initiative.