Health & Safety Advisor - London - £30-40k plus Package
Our client, a leading main contractor, are seeking a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team in London.
This position is paying between £30 - 40k per annum and will also provide a full package including Car, Fuel Card, 25 days holidays, pension scheme and the opportunity to earn up to a 10% performance related bonus.
The successful candidates main duties will be to:
-Advise supervisors, team leaders and gangs in the field of statutory health and safety requirements
-Encourage the reporting of near misses through proactive engagement with operatives and supervisors
- Regularly inspect work locations and activities and prepare and submit inspections in a timely manner
- Review and approve risk assessments and method statements
- Verify that temporary works are implemented safely
- Conduct investigations of incidents and accidents delivering succinct root cause analysis and recommendations to prevent re-occurrence
- Report incidents in line with Thames Water and parent company minimum requirements and submit reports within agreed timescales
- Ensure actions from investigations are acted upon and close-out the report in a timely manner
- Provide information and supportive evidence for health and safety audits
- Support Wellbeing Campaigns and deliver tool box talks and briefings on subject matter
- Deliver induction training and tool box talks as and when required
- Assist in the identification of safety training needs for site based personnel and bring these to the attention of the Regional Health and Safety Manager
- Co-operate with the Health and Safety Executive in connection with their site visits - Suggest, communicate and promote initiatives for accident prevention
Interviews are to be held ASAP.