Payroll Assistant - Letchworth - £23,000 Per annum
5 days left
- Full Time
Title: Payroll Assistant
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm
Due to expansion, our client is recruiting an experienced enthusiastic and organised Payroll Assistant, ideally with Practice experience to become part of their growing team.
The ideal candidate will have strong Payroll knowledge and be able to work under pressure with little supervision.
What's on offer?
- 22 day’s holiday
- Pension scheme
- Local parking
- Regular social events
- To process client payrolls
- To ensure correct Tax/NI rates and relevant certificates are in place for each employee, including certificates of age exception, certificates of election and NI deferment certificates.
- Complete and submit all PAYE and NIC documentation including forms P45, P46, P38s etc.
- Calculation of employee and employer pension contributions.
- Maintaining detailed records and deal with any administration required by the pension provider
- Process automatic transfer of Salaries, PAYE, Pensions by BACS
- Maintain employee records in payroll files and on Excel
- Deal with client queries
- Deal with all HM Revenue & Customs enquiries
- Production, reconciliation and submission of end of year form P35, together with P14 and P60 forms, meeting the Revenue deadlines
- Communicate with UHY directors, managers and staff at all times
- Keep up to date with legislation changes
- Previous experience processing multiple client payrolls
- The successful candidate must have experience of Payroll Bureau and working within an Umbrella company
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- An eye for detail
- An ability to work to deadlines
- An ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Good computer skills (especially with databases and financial software)
- An ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential
Should you be short listed for this position, a member of the Smart10 team will be in touch with you in the next five working days. Good luck with your application!
Smart10 Ltd is a "Multi Award Winning" and Independently run recruitment consultancy which specialises in both Permanent and Temporary positions across all Business Support roles. Smart10 have become renowned as one of Hertfordshire's most dynamic recruitment companies. As a business, we won the Judges Award in 2012, Best New Business Award in 2013 and 'Business Person of The Year in 2016, at The Hertfordshire Business Awards, for being the most "promising" and "innovative" company within Hertfordshire.
We are proud to work with a leading number of blue-chip companies as well as smaller SME’s throughout the region. The smart10 team are an energetic and smart team of highly experienced and professional recruitment consultants who are committed at exceeding both our candidates and client’s expectations.