Graduate Strategic Property Planner
Story Homes has 30 years of experience in building high quality, traditional residential properties with a stylish finish. A family owned business, still chaired by owner Fred Story, we have been recognised by both the industry and our customers for our 5 Star approach to quality homes.
The amount of new homes we have delivered has nearly doubled in the last 3 years. We are well known in the North West and are striving towards our ambitions to become a national house builder in the future. As our business continues to grow, we want to ensure that we are recruiting new talent into the business and we are proud to be promoting our 2017 graduate positions at our regional office in Chorley on the 11th September 2017.
Looking to build skills that will last you a lifetime? Do you want to join a team of exceptional people in a business that is going places? We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Strategic Planner to join our Land Team based in Chorley. This team pride themselves on their ability to find land that delivers sites where our customers aspire to live.
As a Graduate Strategic Planner you will assist in:
- Identification of strategic sites that reflect our commitment to building aspirational homes
- Thorough research of Local Authority planning positions
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders including landowners, agents and land managers to present the planning promotional opportunity
- Monitor Local Plan Consultations and make recommendations that demonstrate our commitment to building quality homes
- Assist the Strategic Land Team with the political, community and local stakeholder promotional activities to ensure all public benefits are incorporated into our proposals
- A degree in Town and Country Planning, Property related disciplines or Geography where modules in urban planning and surveying are part of your degree. RICS accreditation is desirable but not essential
- Your understanding of the role and a passion for house building is as important as your academics
- Any work experience in the sector would be advantageous but not essential
- Driving Licence
- Ideal personality traits include strong attention to detail, tenacity, lateral thinking, complex problem solving, commercial awareness and the ability to manage a range of stakeholders
Your Salary and Benefits
- Support and mentoring from our team of Commercial experts
- Starting salary of £21k
- Bonus of up to 25%
- Health care
- Professional subscriptions
Story Homes offers something truly exceptional - as an employer we really could be the perfect first chapter in Your Story.
To apply, please click apply now where you will be directed to GRB's website. Please can you include a cover letter that includes the following answers: What is it about Story Homes that appeals to you and What skills and attributes you can bring to this position and company?