7 days left
- Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer with an electrical and mechanical background for our prestigious client, Rolls Royce, based in Trentham. The roles will involve working within a dedicated team to carry out electrical and mechanical maintenance repairs. This is an exciting time at Rolls Royce at Trentham. With year on year growth they are looking to expand and increase their team. What better time for you to join their team!
The duties of a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer include:
- Various electrical and mechanical maintenance and repair activities including PPM, PCM, CM and Safety Checks within the facility
- Maintaining plant and equipment to satisfy law and legislation, HS&E, Rolls Royce Control Standards, Group Procedures and business requirements
- Maintaining and improving the efficient operation of the production machinery, systems and ancillary equipment on site
- Working as an active part of a multi-skilled department
- Ensuring fast and effective response especially under breakdown conditions
- Continuous development of knowledge and familiarity with the engineering requirements of the production systems and machinery
- Ensuring planned maintenance work is completed to strict time schedules
- Ensuring good working practices are complied with including Health and Safety
- To ensure minimal unscheduled downtime through immediate response and rectification of problems with prioritisation to key areas
- Continuous improvement of equipment, improving safety, efficiency, changeovers and minimising downtime
- Maintaining a good working relationship with all site personnel
- Utilisation of the electronic Maximo reporting system
To succeed as a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will have:
- Time served apprenticeship in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum C&G Craft qualification / NVQ level 3 qualification in related discipline or equivalent
- 17th Edition Qualified
- Experience in fault finding from electrical schematics
- Experience in fault finding from hydraulic & pneumatic schematics
- To be able to communicate technical issues to non-technical staff
- To be computer literate
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment
THE GOOD STUFF
- 33 days holiday a year
- Free on-street parking
- Good working environment
- On site canteen plus a hot food/butty van just down the road
- Being able to say that you work for Rolls Royce!
THE NITTY GRITTY
- You will provide your own safety shoes
- You will rotate on a 6-2 and 2-10 shift pattern
- This is a permanent position
- Standards are high – you will have to undertake a full drug and alcohol test before you could start
- Rolls Royce insist on full background checks prior to starting which includes criminal record checks, employment and financial history. These checks would be carried out during the induction process. Sorry – CCJ’s and Bankruptcy would mean you would not be suitable. Spent convictions – these would be considered by Rolls Royce and dependent upon the conviction a decision would be made.
Hey – but this is all worth it to say you work for Rolls Royce!
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity then apply now or please call Hannah or Lisa on for more info.