Senior Financial Accountant
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is the production of management and financial information to support the decision making of the Executive Management, external stakeholders and the Board. The role holder will support the Financial Controller in managing and leading the Finance department.
- Prepare monthly reporting, analysis and communicating the financial performance across the business. This will also include delivering Variance Analysis, Management Packs and Operational Metrics as required.
- Deliver of relevant, timely and accurate management information and briefings for internal and external stakeholders
- Support the Financial Controller in the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan, Strategic Plan and Quarterly Forecasts for the business, which will also include communicating and providing commentary as and when required to senior members of the Team.
- Support the production of annual financial accounts as well as supporting the Annual Audit process.
- Continuously seek to improve processes, reporting and KPIs for the business including production thereof.
- Ensure that all financial matters are in-line with best practice and ethical accounting practices are followed.
- Operate cash management and treasury duties day-to-day.
- Support and act as a deputy to the Financial Controller as and when required.
Professional / Personal Skills and Experience
- Having passed final examinations or newly qualified ACMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent
- Proven previous experience in the production of management reporting packs
- Motivated self-starter with demonstrable ability to produce results and accomplish goals
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally, build relationships and embrace change
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work and be effective in a high dynamic team environment
- Strong demonstrable technical skills in Data Manipulation, Excel and Power-Point
- Technical experience or knowledge in Sage50 would be desirable but not essential
Location: 33 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6UF
Closing date for applications: 31st May 2017
This job description defines the role as it exists now. It is not meant to represent an exclusive description of the job holder’s responsibilities as these may vary from time to time in line with the needs of the business. This role may change and evolve over time and any changes will be communicated appropriately.