Assistant General Manager
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - 2 Separate Sites
- Restaurant + Grab and Go
- Restaurant & Bar
Location of both: London SE1
Salary: £29,000 per annum + 10% bonus after probation
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant General Manager that has worked in a high volume fast paced restaurant to join this well established but growing restaurant group.
We have two roles:-
The first is for an experienced AGM with strong Bar Management and Restaurant Management experience.
The second is for an experience AGM that understands the concept of "Grab & Go" and Restaurant Management.
Both sites have a turnover of £2m+ so it is important that the individual is used to working in a busy environment and confident with both financial and staff management.
You will be responsible for managing profitability and performance of this restaurant, alongside the General Manager, whilst driving a learning culture of continuous improvements which exceed customer expectations. You must have at least 3 years restaurant management experience.
Responsibilities for Assistant General Manager:
- Management of staff, including hiring, training, reviews etc.
- Using finance and other results to measure performance.
- Ensuring budgets and maintained and results achieved.
- Ensuring health and hygiene standards are maintained above minimum legislative and company standards.
- Managing customer relations, ensuring they exceed customer expectations.
- Understanding and meeting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Using effective priority management tools and techniques.
- Delivering team objectives and motivating the team to achieve them.
- Delegating responsibilities effectively and assisting the General Manager when necessary
- Creating effective strategies to control costs.
- Communicating effectively to engage the team in cost control.
- Supporting the business plan through succession planning.
- Building individual development plans and implementing them.
- Supporting a culture of continuous learning.
- Meeting mandatory training needs for the team.
- Measuring performance and providing effective feedback to team members.
- Understanding and analysing financial results.
- Linking financial indicators to improvement strategies.
- Completing financial reporting within deadlines.
- Maintaining 100% accuracy in cash handling procedures.
Skills Required for Assistant General Manager:
- 3+ years front of house restaurant management experience
- Proven ability of restaurant financial management
- Previous experience of leading a team.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent command of the English language - written and spoken.
- Good MsOffice skills.
- Disciplined and able to make strong decisions.
- Creative and solution orientated.
- Good self development and motivational focus.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.