Paraplanner - Central London
A leading Financial Management practice based in Central London, is looking for a Paraplanner to provide technical support to their team of Consultants.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the financial planning process, ensuring that the client receives the best possible service & outcome.
- Support in the development and maintenance of client relationships
- Ability to assess client needs and support an appropriate advice solution with guidance from the Consultant
- Work with the Consultant to technically validate advice provided and pro-actively challenge where necessary
- Assist the Consultant with research and creation of client suitability reports
- Obtain illustrations, related documentation and forms to support suitability reports
- Preparation of draft annual review letters
- Prepare client portfolio information and performance data in support of client meetings, visits and presentations
- Provide research as required by the Consultant/team
- Provide excellent personal client service at all times
- Attend client review meetings with Consultants to continue to broaden knowledge and/or participate in client meetings if required
- Ensure client records and files are kept up to date
- Assist and support the development of Trainee Paraplanners as required
- Provide guidance to the Client Services Administrators with complex cases
- Proven experience in a comparable paraplanning role gained within an IFA or equivalent environment focused on holistic financial planning for private clients encompassing pensions, investment and protection
- Experienced in the preparation of suitability reports and client letters across a broad range of products and contract types e.g. IHT, investment (including discretionary mandates), pension transfers, protection, VCTs, EIS etc
- Strong knowledge of research and provider systems (e.g. Sesame, CRM)
- High standard of competency and knowledge of CRM system and client reporting, previous experience of AO would be preferable (or a comparable package)
- GCSE Mathematics and English grade B or above or equivalent qualification.
- Ideally educated to A Level standard or equivalent qualification (or individuals deemed 'qualified by experience’ would be considered)
- Achieved Certificate in Financial Planning (or equivalent qualification), and making substantial progress towards completing Diploma in Financial Planning or Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (or equivalent)
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact Karen Halliday