Financial Controller, Exeter
An experienced Financial Controller is needed to join a highly successful business to lead the finance function at their office on the outskirts of Exeter, close to the M5. This is a hands-on Finance Controller position with responsibility for the timely completion of accounting duties for this fast-paced business, as well as overseeing the administration function. As part of the senior management team the postholder will provide accounting support to the Directors. Duties will include:
- Maintaining the purchase and sales ledgers using Sage.
- Undertaking the payment run to suppliers in a timely manner.
- Production of customer statements and credit control of overdue accounts.
- Monitoring and recording payments received in to the bank account.
- Collating and recording expenses, reconciling credit card statements.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Month end duties including journal entries, income and expenditure reporting.
- Quarterly VAT returns.
- Management accounting.
- Management information analysis and reporting.
- Liaising with the external accountants at year end.
- Answer accounts calls.
- Supervising the administration function.
The successful candidate will be an experienced finance professional seeking a varied accounting role. You are likely to be ACCA / CIMA qualified or equivalent with a track record in accounting to trial balance stage, undertaking management accounting and implementation of management analysis is desirable.
You will be supervising 3 members of staff it is preferable that you have previous staff management experience. An effective communicator, you will possess an approachable personality and a confident, positive attitude.
Salary: £dependent on experience and qualifications + benefits and free parking
Hours: Monday - Friday, full time,
Applicants seeking part time hours of 8:30am - 3:30pm Monday - Friday are also welcome to apply.
Preferred start date: ASAP
THIS IS AN URGENT REQUIREMENT AND APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED PROMPTLY WITH INTERVIEWS TO TAKE PLACE ASAP
This role is commutable from Exeter, Exmouth, Teignmouth, Cullompton, Okehampton and surrounding areas.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business. Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.