Immunology Nurse Advisor / Community Nurse, London
****** COMMUNITY NURSE ADVISOR - FULL TIME POST, 5 DAYS PER WEEK (NO OPTION FOR FLEXIBLE WORKING / REDUCED HOURS) ******
We currently have an opportunity available for a field based community nurse to work on behalf of our client, a global biopharmaceutical company. The position available covers the following geographical area:
SR 4265 London
In this interesting role your duties & responsibilities will involve visiting patients in their homes in order to ensure correct use of 2 TNF inhibiting drugs - one is a self-injected product and the other is administered via infusion; both drugs can be prescribed for adults with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and ulcerative colitis, the infused product is also indicated for both adult and paediatric Crohn’s disease.
This is a full time job, working Monday to Friday and does not involve any anti-social shifts - we are looking for someone who is happy with undertaking full time employment as there will be no option for flexible working or reduced hours; you will manage your own caseload and will be required to drive from one patient’s home to another within the geographical area you are responsible for i.e. you will NOT be based from a particular clinic or hospital so you must hold a full UK driving license (a fully expensed company car will be provided as part of your package) and have confident driving abilities.
You will have strong interpersonal skills, a desire to continue learning and developing new clinical skills, be IT literate and preferably used to conducting presentations. It is also vital that you are 100% committed to delivering the highest quality standards. Full training will be given to ensure that you have all of the skills required to work effectively as a Nurse Advisor within the pharmaceutical/medical industry if you have not done so previously; however all candidates wishing to be considered must:
- Be RGN qualified with current PIN & NMC registration
- Have worked in a community based position before i.e. District nurse, domiciliary nurse, community nurse, nurse advisor
- ENB 998 (or equivalent) useful, but not essential
- Ideally skilled in venepuncture, cannulation and administering IV infusions (venepuncture and administering sub cutaneous injections essential; if you meet the rest of the criteria but have not cannulated or administered IV drugs we would still be interested in hearing from you)
- Be eligible to work in the UK on a full time, permanent basis
- Happy to work 5 days per week, Monday to Friday; as previously mentioned there will be no option for reduced hours, part time or flexible working so if you are NOT comfortable with full time employment unfortunately we will not be able to consider you for this particular post
- Hold a full UK driving license with 6 points or fewer.
Unlike vacancies within the NHS there is no closing date associated with this post and we would therefore encourage anyone who is interested in applying to do so as soon as possible.
In return, you will be rewarded with a generous basic salary up to circa £34,000 dependent on experience plus tax free daily allowance, fully expensed company car, laptop & mobile telephone, pension & private healthcare.
To register your interest please apply online or send us your CV directly - rest assured that all applications and conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence, and that your CV will not be sent to this or any other organisation without your express consent to do so. You would be welcome to contact us prior to applying if you require further information about the client company or to enquire about your suitability.
Whilst we would like to reply to every email unfortunately this is not always possible; if you have not received a response from us within 7 days of sending in your CV and you think your experience matches the criteria outlined in the advert closely, then please do follow up with a telephone call as occasionally online applications do not reach us. If we choose not to progress with your application to this particular role you would of course be very welcome to apply for other opportunities we are advertising.
If you know someone else who may be interested in this opportunity then pass on our details to them - you will receive a referral bounty of £500 as a 'thank you' if we place them in this or another vacancy.