Head of Fundraising
5 days left
- Full Time
Head of Fundraising c£55k Norwich
Building a new hospice is a thrilling and challenging opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to deliver a transformative project for the people of Norfolk and to develop a UK-wide impact in standards of provision.
The Head of Fundraising role is a new full-time post responsible for raising all funds to support the development of a new hospice build (the capital appeal).
The Head of Fundraising will report to the Board of trustees and will lead on building fundraising and project boards to support fundraising.
Key responsibilities are:-
* To be accountable to the trustees of the charity for the delivery of all income for the capital requirements
* To lead and inspire a new fundraising team to achieve targets
* To be the staff link between the Development Committee and fundraisers
* To create a coherent 5 year fundraising strategy to underpin the delivery of income
* To support the private phase of the capital appeal by managing fundraising relationships at the highest level including the Development Board
* To ensure progress reports are delivered on time
* To develop annual fundraising plans to achieve set targets across trusts, foundations, statutory funders, companies, community and events, individual giving, direct marketing, legacies and other fundraising income streams as agreed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Experience of running charitable campaigns for a minimum of £5m (essential)
Experience of working successfully with senior influencers at Development Board or Capital Appeal Board level (essential)
Experience of creating strategies that achieved stretching multi-million pounds targets (essential)
Evidence of recruiting, inspiring, developing and retaining a high performing fundraising team (essential)
Personal experience of managing high value individual giving and trust relationships (essential)
A comprehensive understanding of the relationship between marketing and fundraising (essential)
Membership of the Institute of Fundraising (desirable)
Educated to degree level (desirable)
Personal integrity and commitment
An understanding for and empathy with the motivations of funders, donors and volunteers
Approachable, entrepreneurial and creative
Strong leadership abilities, decisive and clear in communications with all stakeholders
A strategic capability that allows for a clear sight of the big picture whilst ensuring delivery of granular plans
In the first instance, please submit your CV to Emma Baylis or call for more information on .