Management Accountant - Charity
A highly respected charity are recruiting a management accountant who will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Finance function. Reporting to the Finance Director you will be responsible for managing the end to end processes, provide regular, meaningful and transparent management reporting and work collaboratively and in partnership with the CEO, Part Time Finance Director (PTFD) and Operational Managers. Ideally you will be qualified, qualified by experience or similar.
- Preparing monthly management accounts on time (with initial advice and support of PTFD).
- Preparing the monthly management reporting pack, including profit and loss account, project margins reports and analysis, balance sheet and KPI report (with initial advice and support of PTFD)
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process with data entry and analysis, enter budget and forecast data into the accounting system.
Accounting operations and processes.
- Ensuring accounting data is processed and accessible in real time (as much as possible), and online and is understandable and accessible by managers.
- Ensuring (with PTFD) that key controls are operated as part of all key processes.
- Operate the job costing modules ensuring real time reporting and the accurate synchronisation with the accounts system.
- Creating all sales invoices to deadlines, setting up and using on line templates, proactively liaising with the Project Managers ensuring invoices are to contract and are properly coded and posted.
- Posting all receipts promptly, managing debtors and proactively chasing payment by phone, and face to face with colleagues, resolving queries promptly.
- Processing all purchase invoices promptly, accurately posting to the accounts and costing modules. Where appropriate setting up on line purchase order templates. Quickly ensuring invoices are authorised or that queries are identified and resolved.
- Using the accounting service’s capability to record invoices with mobile devices and store images in the system. Supporting and educating staff on the use of this technology.
- Paying suppliers on time, reconciling the ledger to supplier statements and prepare payments runs for authorisation using online banking.
- Regularly reconciling the bank with daily review of all online transactions and postings into the accounts.
- Overall management and responsibility for payroll processing, petty cash, staff expense claims.
- Setting up and take over all responsibility for use of mobile card reader and mobile payments app.
- Providing financial information for grant applications and subsequent reports.
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000