Alexander Daniels is working with a leading manufacturing business to recruit a Financial Accountant to join its talented and growing finance function.
The purpose of the role is to provide solid reporting and robust financial control. You will play an integral part of the team ensuring accuracy, timely delivery and team development. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for local financial reporting and statutory regulation. The Financial Accountant will also be expected to manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers.
- Financial reporting compliance under local and US GAAP financial reporting standards.
- Develop, implement robust internal controls compliant with the business minimum controls.
- Periodic review of internal controls to test and document effectiveness.
- Management and supervision of Accounts Payable, ensuring purchase invoices are processed efficiently, vendor accounts are regularly reconciled, payments requests are accurate and control accounts are reconciled.
- Management and supervision of Accounts Receivable, ensuring customer selfbilling invoices are reconciled, sales invoices are posted correctly, customer accounts maintained, overdue invoices effectively progressed and control accounts are reconciled.
- Key member of SAP implementation team.
- Daily reconciliation of bank balances to ensure payments and receipts are efficiently posted to SAP.
- Prepare general ledger journals for non-direct postings.
- Establish and maintain local chart of accounts and cost centre structures.
- Reconcile and agree intercompany balances.
- Review and prepare justification for all operating lease requests, ensuring correct financial reporting under local and US GAAP financial reporting standards.
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheets including trade debtors, trade creditors, bank accounts, accrual accounts, prepayment accounts, fixed asset accounts, stock accounts, provision accounts, VAT accounts.
- Monthly reporting of financials into Hyperion Financial Management.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Preparation of weekly cashflow forecast.
- Assisting with group financial reporting - monthly, quarterly, forecasts, budgets.
- Liaise with UK Tax Manager, providing information as required.
- Prepare monthly P&L forecast with variance analysis to budget.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Solid technical financial reporting experience
- Knowledge of the external audit process and preparation of statutory financial statements
- A strong working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work with initiative and able to work autonomously and as a team player
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
If you meet the requirements of this role and would relish the opportunity to work for this well performing organisation, please do not hesitate to apply.