Working as an Underwriting Assistant for this growing financial organisation in London, you will be providing assistance to the underwriting team and be involved in all aspects of mortgage applications, both first and second charge lending products. We are particularly looking for candidates who are ambitious and keen to develop a career as an Underwriter. The role will develop and there is excellent growth within the company to move upwards into a full underwriting role.
Duties of the Underwriting Assistant will include:
• Working in partnership with mandated Underwriters to gather outstanding documents and referencing requirements for both residential and buy to let mortgage applications
• Liaising with a pre-approved panel of Introducers to provide quick, accurate and reliable updates
• Acknowledging new applications, incoming post and pre-submission referrals within set service standards
• Ensuring customer account records are kept up to date with Underwriter decisions and correct packaging documents
• Completing telephone security checks with customers
• Following approval, liaise with solicitors regarding the release of funds and registration of charges with Land Registry
This is an exciting opportunity within the mortgage industry for the right candidate, with excellent career prospects within underwriting.
The Underwriting Assistant will have an interest in working within financial services and desire to progress with experience within the mortgage or loan industry being desirable.
Working as an Underwriting Assistant, you will be entitled to 25 days annual leave, an annual bonus, contributory pension, private healthcare and life insurance.