Brand Marketing Manager
Brand Portfolio Manager required to take responsibility for (i) developing and executing the brand strategy for our client's product portfolio clusters and (ii) to use their understanding of customer requirements to aide brand development and drive sales.
The role is ideally suited to a brand specialist.
Our client is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers/ media companies. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion.
This role sits in the global education division of the business developing print, digital and online solutions that support teachers, researchers, students and educators around the world. Our client specialises in three key areas - Language Learning, Schools Curriculum and Higher Education.
Working with the Global Head of Brand and Product Management the successful candidate will enjoy applying a data-driven approach to marketing, whilst positioning the brand offering against market competition. The successful candidate will work closely with the Regional Marketing Hubs to influence and drive decision-making to enable successful delivery of our marketing plans.
- Drive, manage and develop the brand for our relevant suite of portfolio product to achieve targeted sales. Build an effective marketing/ branding strategy and drive its execution across our Regional Marketing Hubs. Work closely with the Global Campaigns Manager and key internal stakeholders (e.g. Publishing, Editorial and Sales) to deliver effective global brand campaigns/programmes meeting time, cost and quality criteria.
- Lead on customer research to fully understand the customer segments and requirements. Visit the markets and carry out consumer research to monitor how our brand is received and feedback into the product development stage, influencing decision-making. Ensure a joined up customer experience and strong commercial/delivery model for the product portfolio.
- Work effectively with publishing and editorial teams on how the portfolio brands can and should be applied to position timely placement of brand for current portfolio of products and for new product propositions. Represent the voice of the customer to support product development working closely with the Publishing and Editorial teams.
- Ensure the consistent application of the brands across print and digital channels (including web presence, email marketing, and social media) by working closely with the Digital Media Manager.
- Fully understand how the business will be driving growth across the key markets/growth regions, working closely with the Market Intelligence team to position the product portfolio against competitor activities.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge Sought
- Experience of working in a global environment effectively managing brands for the product portfolio
- Strong demonstrable experience in brand management and global brand initiatives applying a data-driven approach to marketing
- Solid experience of working in global teams and understanding regional variations and the impact on customer requirements
- Strong influencing and communication skills with the credibility and gravitas to drive decision-making
- Solid experience in producing effective and impactful marketing assets for a wide variety of channels, including print and digital
Remuneration? Up to 55K (subject to experience) plus bonus
For more details please attach your CV.