Senior Finance Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
The Senior Manager of Accounting, International will report directly into the VP of Accounting at the Company's US headquarters (with a dotted line reporting to the General Manager, International) and will play a critical role in partnering with senior international leadership team.
My client are at the forefront of the cloud-based technology world! They are on the largest real-time cloud and big data technology firms and have a mission to connect their clients globally.
Headquartered in the U.S. they now have offices globally including some of the worlds most desirable locations: London, New York, Paris, Sydney & Tokyo.
The Senior Manager, Accounting, International is responsible for overseeing the preparation of financial statements and related financial information in accordance with U.S. GAAP as well as local statutory requirements.
The Senior Manager, Accounting, International will be expected to work effectively, diligently, and cross-functionally to ensure the achievement of the Company's objectives in a resourceful and effective way.
- Responsible for the overall success of the financial statement close and oversees the general accounting functions, including balance sheet and income statement analysis to ensure integrity of the financial information as well as review of key account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Work closely with the International Executive Management team to advise/assist on key business decisions, understand business and/or finance workflows.
- Assist in expansion in new markets.
- Work with the international and corporate teams to develop reporting packages to satisfy and support statutory reporting and audits.
- Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records.
- Assist with global transfer pricing, inter-company, foreign currency translations.
- Liaise with tax and legal departments within the company on various matters such as compliance, appointments and registered offices.
- Work closely with the Corporate Finance team at headquarters for standardization and consistent application in accordance with company policies.
- Responsible for the proper implementation and functioning of appropriate internal controls and processes under the Sarbanes Oxley framework.
- Train & mentor department staff and ensure appropriate prioritization of day-to-day responsibilities and project work.
- Will have direct management responsibility for 2 accountants.
The ideal candidate for this position will be self-motivated, detail oriented and well organized, and should excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented, ever-changing environment.
You'll also have the following:
- Degree in Accounting plus qualification of a chartered accountant or holder of an equivalent certification required.
- Strong knowledge and experience in VAT and Tax compliance
- Combined Public Accounting and private industry experience within a multi-national business preferred.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and internal controls required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory.
- Ability to work collaboratively across department functions.
- Proficient in Oracle or a large ERP system as well as Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in the advertising and/or technology industry a plus.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Stimulating work environment