Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Our clients are a leading Construction Group looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their main division specialising in partitioning, drylining and facades projects throughout the UK. The company is able to tender, design, resource and deliver projects of any size. As part of their long term growth plan, they are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team based in Manchester.
Excellent opportunity to join a leading Construction Contractor working on a wide range of projects all throughout the country. They offer excellent training and genuine career progression prospects with many of their staff having spent the majority of their careers with the company. Competitive salary plus package on offer.
The Groups head office is based in Yorkshire but they operate UK wide with current projects ongoing throughout the country. They currently have a number of long term projects based in the North West and as such are looking for an Assistant QS to join their site based teams on these projects. Candidates must be willing to travel as future projects may be based anywhere in the UK.
- Must have a minimum of 12 months QS experience (Experience in Dry Lining and Facades is desirable)
- Educated to degree level in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying or similar
- Highly IT literate
- Be highly literate with the ability to write contractual letters and report
- Excellent communication skills and confident in negotiating on behalf of the company
- Be able to understand and interpret drawings, specifications, contracts, methods of measurement and construction programmes
- Ideally someone with general construction and sound commercial and contractual knowledge