Industrial Engineer / Logistics Support Associate
The Industrial Engineer/ Logistics Support Associate will primarily use their expertise to ensure processes are optimised. You will work to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, man- hours, machine time, energy and any other resources that do not generate or add value. You will also be expected to ensure the business meet the business requirement by fully supporting all objectives and targets set by the company, whilst working within a TQM framework of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Management and Safety.
Main Responsibilities & Duties will include, but is not exhaustive (without prejudice):
- Conduct Time & Motion Studies and Analysis.
- Develop capacity analysis & subsequent manpower requirements
- New process/product introduction; planning, preparation & confirmation
- Equipment preparation/tooling for process
- Operation standard creation & support
- Value stream mapping and analysis to eliminate waste.
- Use mathematical methods and models to design the best systems and processes possible.
- Process design and scheduling to deliver processes with the greatest efficiency possible.
- Work with management and customers to develop new standard processes that are effective as possible.
- Develop, Improve and Monitor current warehouse procedures and layouts to ensure full utilisation whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
- Create and suggest 'best practice' working methods by for example, using data from time and motion studies and analysis.
- Researching and making proposals as to the most cost efficient method of facility utilisation.
- Understanding the supply chain methodology and enable changes regarding planning where required.
- Provide technical support to both internal and external customers.
- Provide development to external suppliers to ensure customers' requirements are met.
- Provide support to operations on data collection.
- Challenge current working practices and suggest alternative methods of working for improvement.
- Reporting on a formal basis all activities incumbent upon the position.
- Meeting Department objectives and targets within a TQM framework.
- Acting as a team member in order to maintain and improve logistics conditions.
- Creating action plans to achieve changes resulting from new directives.
Constructing proposals with full understanding of implications surrounding Q,C,D,M,S.
Presenting proposals to various levels within the company, including all back up data.
Establishing a stable foundation for HLUK through continuous improvement.
Assist with the planning and implementation of warehouse layout changes.
Manage and co-ordinate departmental projects and initiatives through to implementation.
Development/ Planning of future requirements to meet the company's strategic aims.
Assist the ICT Department with development and improvement of the company WMS.
Assisting in-house Programmers with systems testing & development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of work measurement and method studies/ Value Stream Mapping
High Level of competency with most software packages Word, Excel and strong presentation skills, advanced level of both Excel and Powerpoint.
Good knowledge of Health and Safety practices and procedures
Work measurement and method studies
- MILT or suitable Logistics/ Engineering qualification (possible graduate)
- Process planning within a Logistics/ Production environment.
- MOST (Maynard Operation Sequence Technique) Certification
- Experience of space planning and vehicle/picking flows.
- PowerPoint / MS Visio and / or CAD are desired.
- Experience of High bay rack and small part picking.
- Knowledge of WMS systems.