Are you in your first sales job and are you looking to develop and progress? Are you looking to have control of how much OTE you can earn? Are you looking to work with like minded people who can facilitate your career develop?
My client, based in Oxford, are looking to add an ambitious, hungry sales professional to their team.
My client are the leading publisher for the global water market. They provide market intelligence to support the strategy and financial planning of their readers, includes some of the biggest companies in the world. My client offer not only a magazine but online journals and media to an ever growing client based numbering in the millions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a sales person looking to develop a career. You will get excellent training and support along with progression and development opportunities. The hiring manager, who joined the business in this role 14 months ago, has been promoted twice in that time.
The purpose of this role is to increase the renewal rate of my clients industry publications through regular engagement calls. They are looking for a B2B Account Executive to join a successful sales team.
My client is looking for an intelligent and engaging individual who is confident using the phone and is capable of building relationships with their existing clients. These relationships will be important to maintain their subscriber numbers and to cross or up sell their product portfolio. In this sense it is a softer sale than many you will find in an entry level sales position but you will need to demonstrate the ability to engage with complex information.
Reporting to the Key Account Manager, the Account Executive will be required to hit the ground running, developing an understanding of our publications and being able to discuss their value to potential clients.
The tasks include:
- Making outbound calls to existing clients
- Explaining and understanding products and services
- Improving engagement in products that have already been sold.
- Developing the ability to suggest other products in the portfolio by listening to clients.
- Time management
Experience is not essential but a positive attitude is!
The successful Account Executive:
- 1 / 2 years sales experience or a graduate looking to develop in a sales environment
- Professional attitude and excellent telephone communication skills
- Confidence cross selling and up selling over the telephone
- Confident working to and hitting sales targets
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and listening skills
- Good computer literacy skills
£23,000 - £27,000 per annum
£8,000 OTE, although commission is uncapped