Accounts Payable Team Leader
Accounts Payable Team Leader circa £25,000 per annum + Benefits
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for market Leading Business based in Birmingham who are looking to appoint a new Accounts Payable Team Leader to the team on a permanent basis.
Manage and develop an effective accounts payable function to promote financial control, to ensure company liabilities are authorised and paid on time and that financial records are complete, accurate and up to date and to report management information to manage and control performance and meet other external obligations.
Role of Directorate/Department:
The Finance team is responsible for developing and managing the entire end-to-end financial cycle including providing strategic advice and insight at both the corporate and Directorate level, the creation and management of a framework of financial governance, controls and delegations and for the processing and management of day-to-day transactions.
The team monitors expenditure against the approved budget received with reports to the Executive and the Board, works with directors and heads of department in managing their individual budgets, complies with the organisation's financial reporting duties and ensures the statutory accounts are prepared and audited.
As well as receiving grant funding which allows to pay its staff and suppliers, the Finance team manages cash balances and other treasury functions, the issue of all purchase orders, the validation of payments against company policies and the prompt payment of invoices.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance on payment processing to staff across all levels of the organisation;
- Good working knowledge of financial accounting processes and reconciliation's
Types of Experience:
- Clear experience of working effectively across key business functions in a large organisation;
- An accounting qualification or evidence of study towards a relevant qualification; qualified by experience
- Knowledge of government reporting requirements
- Experience of working in a large complex organisation;
- Practical experience of using SAP by Design;
- Advanced analytical skills, advanced Excel skills;
- Procedure writing skills.
- Collaboration and Relationship Management
- Personal Credibility and Accountability
- Engagement and Influential Communication
- Innovation and Initiative
- Makes decisions relating to the planning, prioritisation and delivery of accounts payable activities, setting objectives and assigning tasks for the team of Accounts Payable Assistants
- Makes decisions relating to the management and delivery of own workload on a day to day basis, operating within broadly defined guidelines and principles, within overall objectives set by the Corporate Financial Controller.
- Makes decisions about the priority and urgency of authorised payments and the appropriate timing and method of payment.
- Makes balanced recommendations based on own analysis for decision making by the Corporate Financial Controller in relation to strategic issues or matters concerning the wider finance function.
Dimensions of the Accounts Payable Team Leader:
- The position has no direct budgetary management responsibility but does influence resource requirements underpinning the budget held by the Director of Finance Operations.
- The position monitors low value transaction charges from the bank.
- The position has line management responsibility for the Accounts Payable team.
Accounts Payable Team Leader Accountabilities:
- Lead and manage the accounts payable team, ensuring the completion of routine financial tasks such as the processing and payment of invoices, the reconciliation of supplier statements, the timely handling and resolution of queries from suppliers and personnel and managing exceptional transactions.
- Manage the processing of expenses and other payments as required, in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure all card transactions are processed monthly and that transactions are recorded in the financial systems on a timely basis
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures and timetables relating to AP to ensure the smooth functioning of the invoice processing and payment function and to act as a champion of the P2P process
- Set and maintain procedures for the preparation of control account reconciliation's related to AP and the bank accounts and ensure they are followed
- Manage the reporting and interpretation of payment performance and provide management information reports to help improve payment performance
- Manage the preparation and submission of monthly reports on payment activity to meet its transparency obligations
- Manage the development and implementation of system and process changes to current systems; contribute to the design and development of the payment function in strategic financial systems
- Develop the capability of the AP team through appropriate learning and development plans and activities
- Oversee the Fixed Asset Register in accordance with established standards
- Proven knowledge of purchase ledger processing and supplier account management
- Demonstrable knowledge of th