Staff Nurse-Orthopaedic Outpatients
About The Facility
Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK - The World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider' 2016.
HCA and The Wellington Hospital has an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
As part of The Wellington Hospital you will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this we're very keen to promote from within our team and with a very clear structure, there's a lot of scope to develop your career and learn new skills.
The Staff Nurse will be working very closely with one of our high profile Orthopaedic surgeons, supporting him on a daily basis with his HCA outreach clinics across the London region. In particular, The Wellington Hospitals Platinum Medical Centre, London Bridge Hospital, as well as his private clinics at Broad Street & Chiswick.
- This is a full-time or part-time, permanent role working from 31 to 37.5 hours per week.
- The projected salary range is £31,630 - £35,822 per annum, dependent on experience.
- Benefits: Mentorship programme training, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover and much more.
Closing date for applications: 1st June 2017
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Organisation of clinics to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Assist in clinics and carrying out observations, investigations and treatments as required.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order and maintain accurate records of patient care.
- Organising and booking tests and appointments, i.e. X-rays, Ultrasounds etc.
- Provide patients and families with information regarding the management of their condition.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with experience working within an outpatients setting.
- Experience within Orthopaedics with a Plaster technician's qualification/Casting Certificate would be advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- You will be diplomatic, empathetic and tactful, with a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience.
About The Individual
As a Staff Nurse in Orthopaedic Outpatients you will be patient focused with a desire to provide extremely high standards of patient care and customer service. With a willing to learn and looking to constantly improve themselves, the team and the services provided by the unit/department.
Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate clearly and with sensitivity and tact in stressful situations.
Please note we will close this role early if a suitable number of applications are received.