Payroll Specialist - Team Leader
Payroll Specialist - Team Leader - Logistics Market Leader: Our client a major player in the logistics industry is looking for a Payroll Team Leader to join their Wigan office. Within this exciting role you will lead a small team of HR and Payroll administrators and Subject Matter Experts. As Team Leader you will act as an ambassador for relations with key stakeholders such as HR, Finance and Operations and the wider Group.
A key aspect of the role is driving the payroll team performance to ensure deadlines and legislative compliance is met. Additionally, your will be accountable for providing expert assistance and will act as the first point of contact for the managed payroll service from ADP. Duties include managing staff and escalated requests and dealing with inquiries requiring a significant level of subject matter expertise. This role will require a strong payroll team leader (Ideally CIPP qualified) with a collaborative approach and influential decision making skills.
To be successful for this role you will need strong experience of:
- Managing 2000 + employee payrolls within a "Blue Collar" environment
- Proactively assessing processes within Payroll department - Identify, analyse and recommend improvements to business processes and system enhancements
- Leading, managing and motivating Payroll /HR admin teams within an HR Shared Service Centre Environment.
- Experience of acting as the first point of contact for the managed payroll service (ADP)
- Expert /Super user experience with HR.Net, ADP Freedom or similar payroll systems
- Ensuring that the payroll queries and HR queries are answered accurately and within the set SLA’s
- Overall responsibility for delivery of reporting, both statutory (Pension, HMRC, P11D etc.) and management reports to business Stakeholders.
- Ensuring all employees are paid correctly, on time, and any adjustments are made in conjunction with the payroll team
- Case Management experience
- Payroll and HR Administration expertise
- The provisions of advice and guidance on tax related issues and queries including the liaison with the managed payroll service and the HMRC.
- A clear understanding of data protection and data security requirements
- Strong Excel Skills
Overall, we are looking for an experienced Payroll Team Leader with a strong Shared Services background and a detailed understanding of the end to end payroll process (ideally gained within a complex multi-site "Blue Collar environment"). You will be technically sound in all Payroll processes, including current legislation and regulatory requirements, and possess an excellent knowledge of benefits and pensions. If you are looking to take your Payroll leadership career to the next level within an dynamic and busy environment call me and send your CV….Now!