6 days left
- Full Time
**MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER** - **BRACKNELL** - **UP TO £32K**
This is a rapidly growing company that is making its mark on the Buy-to-Let market in Bracknell.
The role entails:
- Exercising your underwriting mandate using strong credit assessment skills to maintain the quality of the overall mortgage book.
- Ensuring all applications are underwritten adhering with internal policies whilst remaining compliant to all regulations.
- Providing recommendations on applications that are outside of your authorised mandate, making sure all cases have relevant documentations and reports to justify your lending decision.
- Work to agreed targets and objectives positively and within service standards.
- Develop key relationships internally and externally with customers and business partners and maintaining these strong relationships.
- Demonstrating and excellent telephone manner when call handling (including B2B with Packagers, Brokers & Solicitors)
- Taking responsibility for your own personal development and learning
- Assessing decisions from start to finish through all key stages making sure your recommendations are strong for lending.
- Completing tasks/activities set by your manager within set timescales and to a high standard.
The ideal candidate must have/be:
- Proven experience with an underwriting mandate within a commercial/mortgage environment covering specialist lending.
- Pro-active in all aspects, including making suggestions for process and system improvements
- A strong understanding of regulatory landscape, DPA, Money Laundering, TCF, MCOB, Fraud aware
- An excellent customer service skills and willing to be adaptable/flexible for the department where needed
- An approachable and positive working mentality with the ability to remain composed under pressure.
- Confident using your initiative with a strong desire to achieve
- Confident working to strict deadlines
- Strong knowledge on all key elements of mortgage applications at every stage of the process (ESSENTIAL)
- Ability to thrive within a busy, lively environment
- PC literate
- A strong team player
- Previous mortgage assessing experience
- CeMap - Qualified/studying towards (DESIRABLE)
This role offers you the chance to join a rapidly growing Buy-to-Let company with a competitive salary and benefits package.