6 days left
- Full Time
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (Part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are delighted to have been exclusively retained by a Sheffield based specialist metals stockist and distributor as they look to recruit a Senior Metallurgist.
The company specialise in supplying high grade metals to industries such as Aerospace, Motor sport and Power Generation across the UK, Europe and the World.
Due to retirement and succession planning within the business, they are now looking to recruit a commercially focused Metallurgist to be based from the Sheffield Office.
Working as part of a small team, your role will be very autonomous and you will report into the Managing Director of the group.
The role will involve:
- Vetting of enquiries received and able to assist sales in preparing quotations
- Responsibility for contract review
- Establishing technical manufacturing plans and related documentation
- Identifying and specifying test requirements
- Product and process development for new parts
- Customer and sub-contractor visits both in South Yorkshire and further afield
- Defining and controlling the Metallurgical, Quality Assurance and Engineering requirements on all material and sub-contract purchase orders
The business are looking for someone who:
- Is ideally educated to degree level in Metallurgy or Materials Sciences and experience of working in a technical role within the Aerospace, Power Generation or Oil and Gas industries
- Can work under their own steam as you will be a key member of the company and work closely with sales, customers and sub-contractors
- Experience of metal processing and heat treatment
- Strong knowledge of quality systems and manufacturing processes including national and international standards such as AMS, API, ASTM and EN.
The company will also require someone who has experience of a wide range of different metals including titanium, stainless steels, nickel alloys, alloy steels and aluminium and is happy dealing regularly with customers and sub contractors.
In return for this experience the company can offer a very competitive basic salary, benefits package and long term career within the group, effectively leading the team in Sheffield.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.