Part Time Payroll Officer - £25K FTE
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR A FRIENDLY, PROFESSIONAL AND SUPPORTIVE LOCAL HARROGATE PRACTICE.
Up to £25K pro rata - Harrogate - Part Time - Permanent - Flexibility with hours, (ideally 5 days 10.00am - 2.00pm or 3 full days 9.00am - 5.00pm) - Auto Enrolment Pension - Onsite Parking - 20 days holiday plus the bank holidays pro rata - Onsite café facilities - Company mobile.
Our client is a local and well established Harrogate based practice. They provide a full range of Accountancy services to the self - employed, partnerships and private companies.
The practice offers a friendly, supportive and relaxed office environment.
The main purpose of the Payroll Officer is to manage the practice’s payroll function, (there is no staff management). There are roughly 100 payroll clients for the year, a majority being sole Directors.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Processing payroll for clients
- Pensions - setting up and understanding the most appropriate scheme for a client
- CIS returns
- Processing statutory payments, i.e. SSP, SMP
- Preparation and submission of payroll details at Year End
- Liaising with clients who have payroll queries
- Ad hoc payroll reporting
- Liaising with HMRC
The successful Payroll Officer MUST:
- Have experience in a similar role, i.e. Payroll Administrator, Payroll Officer, Payroll Executive, Payroll Manager; AND
- Ideally come from Practice - strong candidates from industry will be considered; AND
- Have a formal Payroll qualification - this is beneficial but not essential.
This is a standalone position in the office, so you must have strong accuracy and attention to detail. You will be able to use your own initiative to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines.
Excellent communication and IT skills are essential - including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
The client will support candidates wanting to obtain a formal qualification in Payroll.
APPLY NOW; this opportunity will not be around for long!
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals. All applications will be considered by the client who will contact to arrange interviews.