Circa £19,000 dependent on experience
Monday to Friday 40 Hours per week
You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes…
- Ideally you will have a minimum NVQ Level 3 or A level qualification preferably in an engineering discipline.
- Experience in test equipment used in coatings application and evaluation would be ideal.
- Demonstrate flexibility and desire to learn
- Previous customer service type role is preferable, as excellent communication skills is vital.
- Knowledge of applicable application and testing specifications
- Knowledge of test equipment operation and calibration
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands
- Ability to work with clients to fulfil their requirements whilst maintaining integrity and confidentiality
- An understanding of pressure vessel regulations and lifting certificates
- Ability to work unsupervised and to plan and prioritise workload when necessary
You will be responsible for providing a first class testing service including inspecting and supporting the PQT, Projects and Operations teams. Duties will include…
- Control of test equipment used for application and coating inspection and any other items requiring certification.
- Carry out calibration and selection of inspection equipment and certification of lifting/pressure vessels and other items ensuring calibration records are up to date and equipment is available for shipping.
- Refurbish returned items in a timely manner, prepare for calibration prior to remobilisation
- Ensure stock levels are accurate in SAP
- Gaining approval for stock purchases prior to order
- Support Line Manager ensuring that project locations are maintained for all Assets in SAP.
- Populate the project equipment data base with check sheets and photographs for all workshop equipment prior to mobilization.
- Promote continuous, controlled Process Improvement via preventive action implementation.
- Attend training courses as and where necessary to ensure personal and team job skills keep pace with legislative and business developments.
- To be aware of the Health & Safety requirements, in accordance with guidelines as set out in the Health & Safety manual.
- To have a flexible approach to work
- Any other ad-hoc duties as and when required
Our client is a long established engineering specialist operating across a vast number of industries around the globe. They are a leader in what is a very niche market and had have enjoyed considerable growth since their inception. With a vast workforce based both in the UK and around the world they are currently experiencing further growth and are now looking to add a Trainee Calibration Coordinator to their North West team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a financially progressive and stable company whilst also gaining a most interesting and varied role.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on LinkedIn.