Morgan McKinley are exclusively recruiting for a FINANCIAL CONTROLLER to join a rapidly expanding business with ambitious growth plans in Bristol.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity reporting directly to the CFO, and will offer good progression opportunity for the right candidate.
In return for your hard work and commitment, you will receive an initial salary of £65-£75K + pension
A snapshot of the Financial Controller role:
- Key member of the leadership team, managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders across the group
- Lead and manage the growing finance team (8 people) with potential to broaden role
- Interpretation, development and implementation of Group-wide accounting policies and procedures, driving continuous improvement
- Input into strategic, commercial, and operational decision-making, use financial historic and forecast data to drive decisions
- Implement and maintain a positive, can do, collaborative culture in the finance team
- Work closely with Group resource including Operations, Sales to assist with Group Cashflow discussion and wider initiatives
- Responsible for Control, Compliance and Risk Management
- Assist CFO with strategic initiatives
- Maintain controls, compliance and risk management
- Production of monthly management accounts for consolidation
- PAYE / NI / VAT / Corporation Tax payments and reporting
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or similar) with 5+ years PQE
- Recent training in, and experience of, IFRS / accounting standards
- Able to lead the growing finance team, with desire and ability for a larger role
- Strong communication skills with finance and non-finance personnel
- Can work to, and influence others to work to, tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a multi site environment with multiple discipline eg Sales, Site Managers, Operations, Group Finance
- Experience working in a manufacturing / engineering environment is desirable
- Effective management of workload focusing on priorities and deliverables
If you believe you have the skills required for this exciting Financial Controller please apply today, or contact Sarah Layer for more information on , or
I look forward to receiving your application.
PLEASE NOTE: Any third party applications sent directly to the client will be sent to Morgan McKinley for consideration.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.