Graduate Land Buyer Scheme - Story Homes
Story Homes has 30 years of experience in building high quality, traditional residential properties with a stylish finish. A family owned business, still chaired by owner Fred Story, we have been recognised by both the industry and our customers for our 5 Star approach to quality homes.
The amount of new homes we have delivered has nearly doubled in the last 3 years. We are well known in the North West and are striving towards our ambitions to become a national house builder in the future. As our business continues to grow, we want to ensure that we are recruiting new talent into the business and we are proud to be promoting our 2017 graduate positions at our regional office in Chorley on the 11th September 2017.
Looking to build skills that will last you a lifetime? Do you want to join a team of exceptional people in a business that is going places? We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Land Buyer to join our Land Team based in Chorley on our 2 year graduate scheme. The team pride themselves on their ability to find land that delivers sites where our customers aspire to live.
As a Graduate Land Buyer you will assist in the following in line with the business plan:
- Identify, build and maintain relationships maximising successful planning and land acquisition
- Provide effective project management, deliver planning applications and align land acquisition processes with the support from the wider regional team
- Negotiate and build legal contracts that maximise land value and meet regulatory requirements
- Use internal systems and processes to manage the pipeline of land to deliver against the short medium and long term plans
- Manage the growth of the region and identify new areas of development consistent with the brand and aspiration
- A degree in a Property related discipline or Geography with relevant modules. RICS accreditation is desirable but not essential
- Your understanding of the role and a passion for house building is as important as your academics
- Any work experience in the sector would be advantageous but not essential
- Driving Licence
- Ideal personality traits include problem solving ability, the ability to network and manage a range of stakeholders, tenacity, and strong organisation skills.
Your Salary and Benefits
- Support and mentoring from our team of Commercial experts
- Starting salary of £21k
- Bonus of up to 25%
- Health care
- Professional subscriptions
Story Homes offers something truly exceptional - as an employer we really could be the perfect first chapter in Your Story.
To apply, please click 'Apply Now' and include a cover letter that includes the following answers: What is it about Story Homes that appeals to you? and What skills and attributes you can bring to this position and company?