Processing Team Manager
Position Processing: Team Manager
Location: Knaresborough, UK
Job type: Permanent
NM Group are looking for a Processing Team Manager to be responsible for the day to day management of the Technology Centre based multidisciplinary production team. Processing teams process ground and aerial survey data (airborne Lidar, aerial imagery and other) for engineering and asset management projects. The position will be office based. The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, the ability to manage a team of people and make prompt effective decisions. Strong managerial, communication and leadership skills are essential.
- Ensure production plans and schedules are in place and maintain accurate communication with production manager and Bids and Projects team.
- Oversee the processing activities of the team and ensure that production is efficient, final products are of a suitable quality and quality assurance processes are followed appropriately.
- Ensure timely delivery of final products to multiple clients simultaneously.
- Day to day management (including admin and HR tasks) of a multidisciplinary processing team in the Technology Centre, Knaresborough.
- Ensure Health and Safety and other policies are being followed by production staff and maintain a safe working environment.
- Effect continual development of both people and systems through review and proposals for change.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Previous management experience leading teams performing technical workflows
- Strong planning and scheduling skills
- Project management skills including prioritisation, delegation and adaptability
- Clear and timely communication
- Good People management skills (hold an understanding of company policies, procedures and performance management systems)
- Leadership and Team development skills (ability to inspire, motivate, build confidence, and generate initiative)
- Business Administration / Management degree preferred
Working Hours: Full time 9 day rolling shift pattern (3 mornings followed by 3 afternoons followed by 3 days off).
Salary: Starting Salary £23,000 to £28,000 (DOE) + pension and benefits.