Kings Court Trust: We aim to be the most successful and respected estate administration business in the UK. A regulated business, founded in 2002, we only do one thing: estate administration. We are totally focused on our purpose, helping families to move on. Our business partners refer their clients to us and we provide our innovative and highly customer focused service to the family. As a result of this, we provide value to our partners. This value can be achieved by tailoring the outcome to the business partner depending on their service or commercial requirements.
In the existing solicitor channel we use the Title Research brand. Title Research has a fifty year heritage with solicitors providing specialist people tracing and asset repatriation services worldwide. These services are provided thousands of time a year to existing solicitor clients of Title Research. Please note the Title Research brand and website are due to be refreshed in Q1 2017.
- Bank account reconciliations. The business, being a CLC-regulated entity, operates both office and client accounts and the role is responsible for the reconciliation of both, with particular focus on the CLC Accounts Rules.
- Managing the purchase ledger. This will involve; accurate logging, processing and settlement of approved supplier invoices, and on-going credit control.
- Managing the sales ledger. This will involve; accurate logging of invoices on KCT and TR daybook, and aged debt management for both KCT and TR.
- Preparing distribution of client funds. The role is responsible for the accurate and timely payment of legacies to all beneficiaries using the firm’s accounting and banking software.
- Processing of employee expenses claims, both cash and credit card, using the businesses expense management and accounts systems. Also acting as super-user of Concur expense management system.
- Assisting Deputy Finance Manager in preparation of VAT returns.
- Preparation of annual PSA and P11d returns.
- Supporting the month end process, taking responsibility for sales and purchase ledger reconciliations, prepayments and reconciliation of Client account.
- Supporting the sales and operation teams with any client account related queries.
- Accurate logging, and settlement of purchase and sales invoices, with error rate of less than 3% in terms of logging and settlement - so use of correct bank details, references etc.
- Processing of employee expenses within 5 days of the close of the calendar month. To include cash and credit card reconciliation.
- Setting up distribution of client funds and settlement of client expenses and liabilities within 2 working days of Operations approval.
- Purchase and sales ledger reconciliations, and input onto Exchequer by working day 2 of month end.
- Calculation of prepayments, and input onto Exchequer by working day 3 of month end.
- Bank reconciliations for office and client money completed on a daily basis.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years in a finance-related role (Will consider recent graduate of AAT or Accounting/Finance/Economics/Business Management
- Advanced Excel skills, and use of all core MS Office functions.
- Experience of Exchequer, Sage Accounts and Concur Expense
- Management ideal but not essential
- AAT qualified preferable.
- Integrity, honesty, attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and embrace change and process improvement
VALUES & BEHAVIOURS
In our business the values and behaviours are crucially important to us. We expect all staff members to understand, promote and demonstrate the following behaviours at all times:
Pro-Activity. Approach work with a cheerful, positive 'can do' attitude. Work collaboratively with others, in order that mutually satisfying outcomes are achieved. Will to win and be determined and resolute. Be progressive, and be happy to change and innovate.
Professionalism. Act and behave in a way that delivers the best results for the business, stakeholders and colleagues. Put clients, partners and colleagues at the heart of everything. Fair minded and act with commercial responsibility, always displaying a high level of integrity and ethical behaviour.
Pride. A strong advocate of the business and will promote a "one-team" approach. Set the standard showing high levels of commitment in all I do and aiming to "get it right first time". Produce work to be proud of which will have a positive impact for our clients, partners and colleagues. Lead by example, aiming to exceed expectations and encourage colleagues to do the same.
Politeness. Show respect and empathy to clients, partners and colleagues. Encourage communication and listening. Put clients and colleagues at the heart of everything, listening and responding to their needs compassionately and demonstrating respect for their opinions and wishes.
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Life assurance policy
- Company pension (Matched contribution up to 5%)
- Buy or Sell up to 3 days holiday per year
- Extra day off for Birthdays
- Half day off for Christmas shopping
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free office fruit