An exciting position has arisen, our client is seeking a proactive, results-driven Finance Assistant to join their Company on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the company’s purchase ledger, inputting of invoices, reconciling supplier accounts and submitting remittances to Companies.
- Ensure that invoices are authorised in accordance with company's procedure and ready for payment.
- Matching Purchase order and delivery notes
- Daily cash handling, undertaking banking and reconciling daily takings.
- Developing and implementing new processes to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department
- Managing specialist projects as assigned, operating effectively under changing circumstances.
- Deputising for the Inventory controller and covering all duties as required.Forecasting projected sales and plan stock levels accordingly.
- Entering stock take data and resolving all discrepancies.
- Attend and participate in Finance department meetings as required.
You will demonstrate an exceptional knowledge of Sage and mainstream IT packages together with the ability to operate effectively with little supervision.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented accounts/finance assistant who is ideally working towards an accountancy qualification. In return, the company offers a fantastic working environment and the opportunity for career development and progression.