Head of Music
Head of Music - Outstanding School - North London
I am currently looking for a Head of Music who is available to teach Music to GCSE and A Level in a school in London. The school is seeking to appoint a quality practitioner to join their team from September on a permanent contract. Ideally they would like to appoint someone who can deliver Music to GCSE and A levels. Experience working in a Secondary school is essential.
The school is part of one of the most successful, forward thinking and effective Federations in the UK. The school itself is for pupils aged 11-18 years, very high achieving and extremely motivated. It is a richly diverse, cohesive community where all students are celebrated and where staff work together as a team to ensure that every child reaches their potential in happy and safe surroundings. The pupils are very enthusiastic and the school has made innovative moves to ensure that the curriculum genuinely prepares students for the realities of the outside world.
Your main duties would include:
- Raising academic attainment
- Assessing individual learning needs
- Assessing and reporting on individual pupils progress.
Successful candidates will need the following skills and qualifications:
* QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
* To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their needs and abilities.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
* The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
Experience is desirable but not essential